The top five investment asset classes are:
- Equities (stocks)
- Fixed-income (bonds)
- Cash equivalents (money market)
- Real estate (land and property)
- Commodities (grain, gold, oil)
When you have a self-directed retirement plan you get access to all investment options available by law. This includes the top asset classes as listed above. In addition to true diversification, self-directing allows you to take control of your retirement and invest in what you know with Freedom Growth providing you guidance and education along the way.
- ERISA passed in 1974 which gave birth to the IRA and 401k.
- Wall Street immediately seized the role as custodian.
- Self-Directed: retirement account for unrestricted investing
- Traditional Investment: those made in the stock market
- Non-traditional or alternative investments: everything else
- Life insurance, collectibles and stock in S corps
- Transaction for non-investment purposes
- Transaction with disqualified person
- Owner cannot benefit directly or indirectly
Click here for full details on what is and isn’t permitted.